In Design and Graphic Arts
/ Fifth-year projects
As part of their work during their final year of study, postgraduate students in Global Design and Strategic Communication prepare a conceptual and formal research project.
These projects are available for consultation upon request by contacting:
Educational coordinator / / Head of Partnerships
Tel: 01 53 86 00 22
Some examples of and excerpts from research projects
2010 / Marie Chanteur / Vêtement et proxémie
2010 / Marine Bergogne / Je (re)découvre le sous-sol
2011 / Stéfanie Foissey / Espace clos du sommeil : territoire du somme
2011 / Alexandra Malle / L’influence de la philosophie orientale sur le graphisme occidental
2011 / Julie Robert de Beauchamp / Sacré projet
2011 / Mathilde Wingering / Engagé!
2011 / Solène Hébert / La Transcription de la parole
2011 / Mathilde Mourier / A voir à dire
2011 / Mathieu Hoppenot / Contraintes créatives
2011 / Nastassja de Mourzitch / Donner à voir la littérature classique
/ Research projects on functional design and product design
This new approach initiated by the Écoles de Condé in collaboration with Thales and the École Nationale Supérieure de Cognitique de Bordeaux, aims to incorporate a cross-cutting reflection on new fields of investigation and application of design into the postgraduate Global Design.
/ The laboratory of contemporary typography
Contemporary typography is linked to the most innovative aspects of communication, and to the depths of the most expressive drawing.
It is not limited to the bi-dimensional surface of the printed page or screen, but incorporates from now on a multitude of strategies, ranging from the set-up of choreographies and soundtracks to the exploration of architectural spaces and virtual territories.
It has developed into an area of study, reflection and experience on language and art. Used in all fields of design, it concentrates all the issues specific to Applied Arts, such as the difficulty of balancing visual arts experimentation and functionalism.
This laboratory aims to explore the world of typography, considered to be a field of study, by recreating links with the experimental origins of its applications. This workshop is a space for information and reflection, meetings and expression: the place for new creations. It offers an open mind to personal opinion, an exchange network and a sharing and confrontation environment.
For more information, please visit the website for the laboratory of contemporary typography : www.labotypo.com
In the field of Arts and Crafts
/ Conservation-restoration of Cultural Heritage dissertations
Research projects in the field of the conservation-restoration of cultural heritage materialise in the form of dissertations written by the students as part of their final year viva.
These dissertations are available upon request by contacting the following school contact persons:
Écoles de Condé Bastille Director
Tel : 01 53 33 03 22
- Etude et restauration de l’oeuvre : Assomption de la Vierge, Artiste inconnu, début XIXème siècle (Study and restoration of the work of Art: Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Unknown Artist, early nineteenth century)
- Etude et restauration d’une académie d’homme (Study and restoration of a male nude)
- Etude d’une sacra conversazione supposée de l’école vénitienne, fin XVIème - début XVIIème siècle (Study of a presumed sacra conversazione at the Venetian school, late XVI - early XVII century)
- Restauration d’un tambourin en parchemin, support d’une peinture à l’huile – XIXème siècle –(Restoration of a tambourine in parchment, the canvas for an oil painting - nineteenth century)
- Refixage et consolidation d’une peinture mate de Georges Rouault (Refixage and consolidation of a matte painting by Georges Rouault)
- Etude du phénomène de rétraction des toiles de lin déchirées (Study of the shrinking phenomenon of torn linen canvases)
- Etude comparative de matériaux intervenant dans l’emploi de pièces de renfort (Comparative study of materials involved in the use of reinforcing parts)-
- Mise au point d’un traceur iodé pour l’évaluation de la pénétration capillaire des adhésifs (Development of an iodinated tracer for evaluating the capillary penetration of adhesive)
- Foundation year in applied arts - Manaa
- Bachelor in Interior Design
- Bachelor in Product Design
- Bachelor in Fashion Design
- Bachelor in Graphic Design
- Bachelor in Multimedia Design
- Master in Global Design
- Master Communication Strategy
- Master in Space design for collaborative environment
- European Master in Transportation design
- Professional training